Flame Angel & Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
July 26'03
PrettyFishies said:
No copper at all. So I followed the directions, except I used one less drop than instructed... In ONE DAY I noticed he had 2 less spots. It has only been two days (I did this Wednesday night) And all the parasites are gone!

July 28'03
PrettyFishies said:
So now that we believe it is Lympho or some type of parasite other than ich... Is it likely to be contagious? Because now that it's cured, I'm raising the salinity and planning on acclimating to the main tank by the weeks end...

I'm a little confused. If the copper cleared up the problem you should be good to go. I would bring the QT levels up to match the main tank and then give the angel another week to be sure it's okay.

If it hasn't cleared up, then your earlier post has me a little confused to say the least. The "spots" are gone or not :?: :?: If lympho or fugus they are not contageous, but copper has no affect on these 2 problems so I'm a not sure what to recommend without some clarification.

Cheers
Steve

I don't know what he had... but it was 4 small spots that became 4 big spots, then I used copper and the spots dissappeared.

If the angel showns no futher sign of the problem and seem in good health then as I said earlier, bring the QT water specs up to the main tank's (slowly) over the next few days. Give it an additional week to be sure there are no re-occurances and then properly re-acclimate it back.

Good luck! 8)

Cheers
Steve

Well, here's the latest. I took him out of the QT, re acclimated to teh main...and immediately, the Yellow tang and Coral Beauty went after him. He died overnight of harrassment and probably starvation. :(

I guess Angels can't live together harmoniously after all.

Re: Ich and Flame Angel

Try Coral Vital from Marc Weiss. I use it when I am acclimating my fish and as an ich preventative. I know some stores swear by it. Copper treatment and hyposalinity weaken an already sick animal. I'm not an endorser for the product, but have had success with it. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom