Flame Angel dying! Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mahargster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have recently bought a dwarf flame angel for my 60 gallon tank. The fish was acclimated fine and has been doing well until this morning, when I found him laying on his side. Now he is swimming around rapidly, and he has white spots. He won't eat the garlic soaked food I've been feeding him, and I turned the temprature up. Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonia are all close to 0, and specgrav is 1.024. I don't have a QT, so is there any way I can cure him of his ich? I have another tank with a cleaner shrimp in it, so should I try moving him over? BTW, I have 2 fire fish homies doing fine, and some inverts, so I can't use copper. Please help!
thanks

Sorry, yes nitrite and ammonia are 0. The tank is around 6 months old. Thanks for the help

Any other tank mates? Any bullies?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think that he Wont survive much longer, but what's the chance my fire fish will get ich?

Sometimes non stressed fish can be resistant to ich ,but I would never count on it...
Make sure the flame does die unnoticed ans any other fish pick on him.
That is a sure fire way to spread infection.
Sorry about your angel.

Idk what happened to the angel but it's possible it was collected via cyanide. Really sorry about the fish :(. Maybe ask the store about the wholesaler they're getting the fish from.

I try to only buy from places that get the fish from quality marine or reputable online sources that qt. Sometimes it's out of your power.

Idk what happened to the angel but it's possible it was collected via cyanide. Really sorry about the fish :(. Maybe ask the store about the wholesaler they're getting the fish from.

(y)

I believe this 100% and is EXACTLY why the flame is on my "never again" list!!!

The store I've been getting from has been reliable in the past, so I don't think that's the problem. Of the fish dies, will new fish later on get itch?
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help. I have a feeling that flame angel will soon be on my never again list, but I'll tell you what happens.

It's possible they will. Just try to keep them well fed and as stress free as possible. Doing that will help inhibit ich from popping back up

Back
Top Bottom