Flame scallop looking crazy plz HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fatdaddy82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a flame scallop i just bought about a month ago and has been doing more than good all my water tested better than norm and i have no worms or anything crazy in my tank but when i looked at it today i seen it looks like it cant open its mouth and the shell is sliding around but looks to be alive it still has the red things coming out of its mouth and i still see what looks to be blue electricity from its mouth I'm posting a few pics what is going on plz plz help thanx everyone

image-4285806705.jpg

image-1077749557.jpg

image-577426850.jpg

I'd like to be more helpful, but I know that these guys don't often fare well long term in home aquariums. They are filter feeders, and it's difficult to keep them fed AND keep their water in good shape. I wish you the best of luck.

Scallops are filter feeders and require large amounts of food being target fed to them to survive which normally fouls a tank with excess nutrients and creates water quality issues .Every year hear in Florida we have scallop season and I bring a few home for my tank I have never had one over three months,and when I see them declining I stick them in with my eel to eat ..I would stay away from future purchases of scallops there one of those animals that should remain in the ocean or on a dinner plate...

Btw in your sand I noticed fw neon gravel .FYI salt water is very corrosive and eventually will break the dye or paint down and release potential toxic substances in your tank ..

Back
Top Bottom