flatworm exit ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arliss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw a small flat worm climbing out of a hole in my liverock and want to know if I should use flatworm exit on the tank? He wasn't very big YET but from what I've read here I don't want him to stay. The tank is 55g and has 80lbs of LR and a LS base. I have 2 clowns (1 atm other in QT) 1 redlip benny and 1 flame angel. If I do use flatworm exit will it be ok on the fish?

I apologize that your post went unanswered, I missed it somehow. Flatworm exit is safe for the fish, but be prepared to do water changes. It is recommended that you siphon out the dead worms, you cant possibly find them all, so be ready in case there is an ammonia spike from the dead worms.

there are good and bad flat worms... Are you 100% sure its a FW? Read and follow the instruction on the bottle. A few of my friends have used it and it works well but like Hara says have plenty of fresh SW ready to go and carbon on hand.
The problem with the dead FW is they release toxins when dead that can be harmful to the tank. So syphon out all the FW you can get before nuking the tank and all the dead ones after.
My friend put a bright light in the front of his tank to draw them out, they love light and need it to live. If you have any sensitive inverts I would take them out.. My frined killed his seahare and I want to say a cucumber also using it..

If all you saw is one I would hold off. They are fairly easy to get rid of using FWE, but I wouldnt do it unless it was nessecary.

Back
Top Bottom