Flatworm? On my duncan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericwm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have had my duncan for a few months and it has always had these brown spots that are never in the same place. Last night I read about brown flat worms on coral and I was wondering it this is what I have?

image-3396363965.jpg

If so how do I take care of it?

Thanks,

I did not. I probably should dip every new coral. I found this while looking into it. http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm
It looks like they aren't bad necessarily, just ugly. I may pick up a dip next time I'm at my LFS. The coral doesn't seem bothered but I don't want them to stay. What is a good product? I have only heard of coral RX.

I will make sure to treat all new arrivals.

I did not. I probably should dip every new coral. I found this while looking into it. http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm
It looks like they aren't bad necessarily, just ugly. I may pick up a dip next time I'm at my LFS. The coral doesn't seem bothered but I don't want them to stay. What is a good product? I have only heard of coral RX.

I will make sure to treat all new arrivals.

I've only used coral Rx. The last time I used it a nice sized worm came off my coral! But I've heard revive is good too. The guy I buy my corals from uses coral rx or for sick corals sometimes iodine dips

I am starting to get the same thing. The flatworms will eventually shade out your corals depriving them of light. Just siphon them out if its just a few If u have a huge outbreak, you might want to invest in flatworm x.

I tried to suck some off today but whenever anything touches my duncan it closes up so I can't get to them. Will a dip take care of them? My frag plug is just placed in my rock so it won't be tough to get it out. I did it last week to remove a single piece of bubble algae before it spread.

I had some on my duncans before i had to be quick. I did not harm my duncan , but yes they will retract quickly. I got a siphon going with my airline and stuck it right on my duncan even thought it closed, the flatworm still siphon up.

You would be better off to go ahead and get flatworm exit and treat the whole tank.You have just noticed the few on the coral,They multiply like crazy and are in other areas of your tank.You do need to always dip new corals before placing in your tank.

So i have heard flatworm x dosent remove 100% of the flatworms. Is this true? Alot of people say once you have them, you always have them. It may take months before you see another one. Any opinions?

True,you will probably have to retreat later.If you decide to use it,use something to blow in all your rock crevices( I used a small powerhead I had) just before you treat.

Well I decided to dip it today in coral rx, it looks like it killed them. I am just hoping that I was correct in thinking they stayed on the coral and off my rock.

Well 3 days later the coral looks happy and I don't see any flat worms. Thanks for the advice.

Great! My frogspawn started looking all weird so I did a coral rx dip last week too and it's looking the best I've seen it...

That stuff seems to work wonders. It smells a little funky but you can't argue with results.

Back
Top Bottom