Floating Firefish, Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had my firefish for about two weeks and she has begun to display weird behavior. She's been hiding three days straight and hasn't come out to eat with the shrimp. And today when I turned the light off I found her floating, as if to be dead, but suddenly she was alive again and returned to her cave.

I should mention that when she "sprang back to life" she seemed to be swimming normally, but I couldn't really see her that well. She floated first, then swam normally back to her cave.

I've thought of this to be swim bladder disorder, but I've been researching and it doesn't seem to match up completely. And even if it does and I'm just an idiot, I just want a second opinion.

Also, I'm on a time limit. I'm leaving for camp on Saturday and won't be able to care for her for 2-4 weeks. So please help! How can I heal her quickly before leaving her in my mom's care? My mom isn't very good with fish, so I don't want to leave her with a sick fish.

Back
Top Bottom