Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got this frogspawn like 2 weeks ago. It was big in the store. It opens up in my tank, but not as big as it was in the store. Closes at night and reopens during the day. No skeleton showing. Tank water is tested at local reef store, so I don't know exact perimeters, but they told me all looks great! IMG_1043.JPG

looking at your frog spawn I count about 8 heads that are dead , how can you say no skeleton showing . what are the parameters in the tank everything looks good don't help us help you . I lost a few hammers a while back due to high phosphates something you may want to look in to also

The heads that are still alive look just fine to me. When it comes to how much this family of corals open up varies depending on flow and how much light is in the system. Corals will need to 'reach' to get more light if there isn't much available.

Those aren't actually part of the frogspawn. That is an old dead coral that my husband thought was cool looking lol. The frogspawn is just kinda wedged between the cracks of the old coral skeleton. Frogspawn has ZERO skeleton showing , but does kinda look like it is trying to form 2 heads instead of one. I'll try to get a pic when the lights go out.

Back
Top Bottom