Frogspawn Head Falling Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
A frogspawn coral I picked up today has a head that appears to be detaching from the hard skeletion. I think maybe during moving him from the bag the head was rubbed and and began detaching. Right now it is about 3/4th already off and only a small section is left on.

My question is, is there anything I can do to try and save the coral head? I think at the current rate the head will just detach completely and be floating around the tank

there is a picture, its the one on the left

Attachments

• DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0147.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 132
Sometimes stress will cause a coral do do that. Have you checked for pests? When they took it out of the tank did they make sure it was deflated before lifting it from the water?

The rest of the coral does look healthy, Personally I would dip in revive just to be in the safe side.

No they didn't let it deflate, it was pretty quick you know (LFS). I don't see any pests when I looked at it but I'll keep an eye out. What do you think about salvaging him? Is it possible or is it just a goner. And if it does fall off will another one grow from that head? :(

Back
Top Bottom