Frogspawn Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelbknudsen

Aquarium Advice Activist
My frogspawn has not taken well to my new tank... Parameters, temp and salinity are all in check. Flow is moderate and everything else is fine. Any ideas?!?! My hammer hasn't opened all the way either, but looks better than my frogspawn.

Attachments

• image-2542702309.jpg
    image-2542702309.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1517621909.jpg
    image-1517621909.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 92
My frogspawn has not taken well to my new tank... Parameters, temp and salinity are all in check. Flow is moderate and everything else is fine. Any ideas?!?! My hammer hasn't opened all the way either, but looks better than my frogspawn.

What type of lighting do you have? Also is this a fairly new tank for the LPS? If so how did you acclimate the coral? They are sometimes prone to brown jelly disease when stressed or shocked.

I have a 4 bulb t5 HO over a 20l. It was doing great in the tank I had it in before upgrading to the current. I acclimated it over an hour replacing small amounts of water with a turkey baster from the new tank. I dipped it in a 10% peroxide bath for a few minutes just about an hour ago and there was done brown stuff coming off. I just hope I can save it, it was my first coral and was doing so great! Here is a pic after the dip... If looks soooo pissed. Any other suggestions? I also spot fed with microvert after the dip.

Attachments

• image-4045455614.jpg
    image-4045455614.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 117
I have a 4 bulb t5 HO over a 20l. It was doing great in the tank I had it in before upgrading to the current. I acclimated it over an hour replacing small amounts of water with a turkey baster from the new tank. I dipped it in a 10% peroxide bath for a few minutes just about an hour ago and there was done brown stuff coming off. I just hope I can save it, it was my first coral and was doing so great! Here is a pic after the dip... If looks soooo pissed. Any other suggestions? I also spot fed with microvert after the dip.

Suck off any extra "brown jelly" with turkey baster and do a lugols solution dip and wait, it does look overly pissed off though good luck!

Back
Top Bottom