Frogspawn trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Huy guys i have had this frogspawn for like 6 months and it used to look great but for some reason it never opens anymore and it sucks... All levels are great, same with calc and alk. Temp is around 80 and salinity is always .025. We do water changes every weekend and the light is a 6bulb t5. He is in a spot with medium light and medium flow and still wont open. Any ideas?!!

Attachments

• image-2015795755.jpg
    image-2015795755.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 78
How long has it been retracted?
Have you made any flow adjustments recently?
Are any of your fish hanging around it?
Are there any physical signs of sickness?

If it has been closed for over a week, i would try moving it somewhere else. There might have been a slight shift in your flow that is aggravating it. Otherwise if it still looks healthy, just slightly retracted I would leave it and see what happens. If there are signs of decay or anything like that, then you have a more serious problem.

Jimbo7 said:
How long has it been retracted?
Have you made any flow adjustments recently?
Are any of your fish hanging around it?
Are there any physical signs of sickness?

If it has been closed for over a week, i would try moving it somewhere else. There might have been a slight shift in your flow that is aggravating it. Otherwise if it still looks healthy, just slightly retracted I would leave it and see what happens. If there are signs of decay or anything like that, then you have a more serious problem.

Been retracted a few weeks.... The heat really hurt it because my tank hit 88 at one point but now we have a chiller so its always 79. No fish around it, its skeleton is starting to show :/ we put it in more flow and it stayed closed..... Anything i can dip it in??? Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom