Frustrated...ich or velvet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leftyfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I Used a QT for everyone in my tank, last fish added mid May after QT and doing tank transfer method for ich and prazipro for flukes, etc. spent 5+ months between QT and treating fish before putting anyone in my tanks.

Now ich or velvet has shown up.

Here is my engineer goby:
image-2986450040.jpg

So he, the kole tang and blue tang all have this dull, velvety appearance. The foxface, powder brown and yellow tangs have some little spots, and the other fish don't show any signs of disease, the clowns laid eggs two weeks ago when this started showing up.

Everyone is eating, no one is breathing rapid. The powder brown swims toward the one powerhead and has been doing that for about two weeks. The goby started a few days ago leaving his cave and swimming all over the tank, especially against one wall. The tangs are all visiting my fire red shrimp who has been cleaning their whole bodies non stop during the day. They are flashing as well.

I'm not sure which direction to go, frustrated.

Can't really see very well but which ever it is they both can be treated with ionic copper such as cupramine. Make sure you only do this in a qt tank because copper is deadly to inverts, you also should have a copper test kit to test for the proper level of copper api will work.

Back
Top Bottom