Garlic & Selcon question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuburg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I have read multiple times in here how people use garlic and selcon to boost the immune system of their fish. Does anyone have recommendations of what brands of either of these or maybe where to get them on-line? I've never used either of these, so I could use some input. I'll check with my LFS soon, but they're in the process of moving, so things are a little hectic there now. It might be easier for me to order online at this point until their move is finished.

Thanks!

matt

thatfishplace.com has it too.

isnt garlic guard used to ward off diseases and entice feeding?

but I know that selcon is one of the best vitamin supplements for sw fish.

I mix garlic juice into my fish food about once a month. It helps to ward off ick and similar diseases. I think it is a waste of money to buy the premixed stuff.

It is my understanding that it is very hard to have sw fish not do well if they are getting the right types of fish, thus I would not purchase the vitamin supplements unless I had a special type of fish or a sick fish.

I do not think it is a waste of money. You can definitely go overboard but giving your fish vitamins is no different than you taking vitamins. It gives you all the stuff you are missing in meals and assist in general good health. Since these fish are not in their natural enviroment and eating what they naturally would I think it is a good idea.

I use garlic extreme, selcon, zoe and Vitamin C on the Nori...I beleive in all of these as I have a regal that had HLLE BAD from her face back to her lateral line...just a VERY small bit exits but is getting better and better each month. Didnt start improving until I did start using these.

Yeah I agree with Brenden. I also use Kent Marine Extreme Garlic and Selcon, with excellent results. Just one thing though, for your twelve gallon tank. Being that it is that small. I would be real careful about how much you add. A very little bit goes a long way. I wouldn't put more than one drop of the garlic in your tank at a time, maybe once every 3 weeks or so or more!!

Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom