got a new fish its a sergeant major damsel and it had no ich when I got it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's nothing you can put in your display tank that would work because it effects the entire tank. Your best bet is to let your tank go fishless for the 6 to 8 weeks and in that time establish your hospital tank. once its established you can put fish in there to quarentine and you'll feel like you have fish again until your main tank is ready.

Yep, just leave your tank empty for a while. :) I would go with 8 weeks just to be safe ;-). The thing with ich is that it can be in a system, but the fish could possibly not get it until a random time or when their immune system is lowered. That is why I would recommend QTing all new arrivals from LFS' (because mose of the systems at LFS' have ich).

Good luck!

And one more ? Is there any supplements that I should put in the tank to help it out or no.

well I soak my fishes food in garlic and vitamine C seems to keep them healthy and happy

How bad is the ich? Do you plan on adding any other fish to the tank? When you keep your tank fishless make sure you at least feed the tank once a week to keep the bacteria fed. I kept a tank fishless for 6 months until I got around to figuring out what kind of fish I wanted. Feeding garlic helps with ich and other parasites.

Hwy guess what all of the white sports are no longer to be found any more I'm going to how it goes for the nest week before I get another fish. I have been feeding him extra garlic

Just because you can see the ick doesn't mean it's not there. If it fell off that means it's reproducing in your sand bed and is going to come back even worse.

Krocky12 said:
Hwy guess what all of the white sports are no longer to be found any more I'm going to how it goes for the nest week before I get another fish. I have been feeding him extra garlic

Definitly do NOT add fish for at least 4-6 weeks, preferably 6-8. Im happy the ich seems to be getting better, but it definitly is not gone yet

Yes you can add inverts. Just not fish. Inverts can't get ick but they can carry it over to your tank.

Kickich worked great for me but eventually you néed a qt tank to completely rid your display of ich ....8 weeks fallow should do the trick but you can use that med reef safe for 15 days to help your fish out

Back
Top Bottom