Gravel like Spot on Scallop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFamily

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hopefully I am posting in the wrong forum.... I've noticed a small spot that looks kind of like a piece of gravel on the front inside of my flaming scallop. Is this normal or is this a bad sign?

Attachments

• scallop_180.jpg
    scallop_180.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 16
If a large piece of debris, the scallop will eventually get rid of it. It really depnds on how it's lodged and how "weighty" it is. It will close it's shell rapidly in an attempt to force it out. It is definately and irritant to be sure but there is little you can do about it.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve-s! I am finding a very difficult time finding care info on this beautiful creature. The interesting thing is that the gravel like stuff is building up then I find it on the sand in front of him. Is this a way of expelling waste? After getting the scallop I found that they don't survive well in captivity and I am trying to find everything I can about him.

Thanks Steve - that was just what I was looking for, very informative. It really is a shame when the lfs will sell you something that has such a dismal life in captivity and not tell you. :-( I think I will be looking for a new store.

Back
Top Bottom