Green long plate coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OscarFan76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a green long tentacle plate coral today. He was withdrawn where I met the person and it was already bagged. It is definitely alive but hasn't fully extended today. It has a lot of little white webbing on it. Looks like long strings of spider webs. Any idea what this white webbing is? Are they feeder tentacles?

Params: amm 0, trite 0, trates 0, calc 450, ph 8.2.

Does it have feather dusters in the area? What is next to it? Chemical warefare possibly?

There are some zoas and mushrooms 4-5 inches from it in one side and a galaxea coral 5ish inches to the other.

That feather duster is holding on for dear life. I can't get him off the rock. Any ideas to get him to release his foot?

Here is a pic. My hand is for reference on distance. The duster is withdrawn but is 2-3 inches behind the plate.

Attachments

• image-605306425.jpg
    image-605306425.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3200517663.jpg
    image-3200517663.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 74
Lol. I really dont think the duster harms the plate. But it might, im not sure exactly. What i'd do is just move the plate over to the left a little more near that rock. The one with the coral, i think flowerpot, on it!:)

Looks like I will have to move the plate. From what I'm reading the feather dusters are impossible to move without breaking off the rock, moving the entire rock, or killing the worm.

Thanks again for the info. I hope it is happier tomorrow.

It still isn't very happy. I think it is getting too much light or flow. I'm ordering some t5 lights for my 75 fowlr and will move it there.

It is on the sand bed but I'm running a metal halide on a 40 breeder. My other Lps are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom