Green Polyp Toadstool Sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think he might be sick I really don't know. I think it could be, because of the change in flow I re position the flow of my Koralia and it was receiving a little extra more flow going towards it's way. It been almost 2 days since I've change it and he's been like this ever since. My readings are as follow

Ammonia 0.0PPM
Nitrate 0.0PPM
Nitrita 0.0PPM
PH 8.1

Alk 3.5
dkh 9.9
Mag 1550

Are my readings ok?

img_962455_0_140104da83ed69983e33e6c895df4f2e.jpg

Side View. I don't know if you can see it but it was starting to incrust over the Super Glue Gel.
img_962455_1_54610e41f51769fb5b4bdbb334a6a11e.jpg

Let me know if it's just in a Dormant stage where it's just growning or it is just done.:(

I see the polyps protruding enough to cause bumps on the polypary "bell" so I would leave well enough alone for now. I personally do not like using super glue on soft corals except at the very base and a minimal amount at best. When they try to slime because of the glue irritant surrounding their perimeter, the glue keeps the slime compressed and eventually bacteria begins to dissolve/flake the tissue at the base. I would rather pierce the skin with a toothpick or other object until the tissue heals and grows over. Just something to keep in mind for future soft coral purchases.

So there is really no other way to attach them? Is it ok to keep it that way. I believe it's been a month since it's been glue down like that....?

You can use a toothpick to skewer and secure and even use fishing line through where you pierce as a tie-down. You can also use several pieces of liverock and epoxy to help stabilize. It's just my preference and observations in not using superglue with soft corals...

It's been OK till I moved my power heads and gave it a little more flow... But other than that it's been fine. I think it's going to fine I just saw some of the Polyps coming back...

Back
Top Bottom