green spots on condylactis anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cordodor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it algae perhaps? is this bad? Any way to control it? Something else completely?

Click links below pics for full size (2MB)

_DSC02849.JPG

Full Size

_DSC02851.JPG

Full Size

I don't suppose you can get a close-up macro shot of one of those spots? It's hard to see from here, and I'm not familiar with the problem.

What kind of lighting do you have?
How long has the aquarium been running?
How long have you had this condy?
What are you feeding it?

Spots are still there, 3 weeks later.

It's difficult to get a picture better than those. You can click for fullsize pics though, if you haven't already.

I'm just using 24" and a 36" dual bulb reflectors. Nothing fancy. I was told the condylactus was the only "good" anemone that you didn't have to have the 5 watts/gallon of light for. I think i'm at 2.5 watts/gallon.

The aquarium has been running for just over 1 year. the anemone was added 4 months ago. I have been feeding it cut up fish and brine shrimp.

they dont seem to have... I'm in kind of a tough spot, because i tried to cut down on light to reduce algae growth if that's what it is somehow, but then the condy suffers because it loves the light. It didn't seem to help anyways.

Keep the lights up.

You could get some macroalgaes or Xenia to absorb nitrates and starve the algae.

dskidmore said:
You could get some macroalgaes or Xenia to absorb nitrates and starve the algae.
well, i can't say that's what it is for sure, but i'll look into that. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom