Growth On Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packagerat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any Idea what this is? It started out white about the size of a bb.It has been 1 week he has been in qt since I got him. Have been treating with Pimafix and Melafix for 3 days now. He has been mostly active and eats well. Please any info will help
Ammo- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 0
SG- 1.023
Temp 79
[http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/packagerat/DSC_0183.jpg][/img]

Ok Thanks!
I uploaded the picture to my gallery.

I was assuming that it was some kind of fungus so I thought I would try the Pimafix and if it did fall off and left an open wound I wanted to have the Melafix in there.

Ok Well lets see what happens since it fell off. Maybe it will heal. Usually for things like this I try to suggest a PWC to make sure of optimal water conditions but I dont know how that will affect your medicine. Good Luck

Melosu,
As Of right now it has not fallen off yet. I am optimistic that it will. He so far is doing fine still eats well. He just stops and rests now and then a lot like a new puppy.

OH i thought you said it did fall off. Well Lets hope it does or we will have to figure out what it is and treat differently. Might need to anyway. Have you checked out those links I sent you.

Yes but couldnt determine anything for sure. Took that photo around to the lfs and no one was sure what it is. One suggested a fw dip for 5 minutes but I dont know if I want to put him under that stress yet when he still acts normal.

Have never had any good results with FW dip. Not a big fan of them. I`ll check other sites

melosu58 said:
Have never had any good results with FW dip. Not a big fan of them. I`ll check other sites
I agree, this could cause even more stress on an already stressed fish.

Any updates, this sounds almost like a sporozoan cyst.

I just fed him and for the first time he has not eaten. I have been feeding small portions thru out the day so I hope he is just full. The growth does look bigger today also.

Thanks melosu! Tried asking a question but when I was done with my question and hit send got a page cannot be found. But thanks for your help the same to you roka.

I would like to thank melosu and roka for your help. but sad to report he died last night. Whatever it was did start to fall off like 1 big flake but he had stop eating that afternoon and started going to the top for air. My first SW fish and mortality. Not such a good record.
I also have another clown, I had purchased the 2 as a pair, he is still in the same QT should I do a pwc or should I replace all the water? He shows no signs of what ever it was. My main tank is ready for it is 6 weeks old been cycled with 90lbs of live rock and 80lbs of live sand. did the fishless cycle and all parameters are 0 with an SG of 1.025

Dont do a 100 % PWC as water chemistry will change and cause stress. Maybe a 30% today and 30%Tues and some GAC to take the medicine out. Sorry about your loss.

I think we should continue to check out the fish disease charts just in case your other clown comes down with it. I`ll continue to look.

Back
Top Bottom