GSP dying/dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a small GSP frag that been in the tank about 4 weeks. It was doing great up until this week. It was always out and would come back out shortly after retracting. Last Friday a snail came by and pushed the frag off the rock it was sitting on. I actually saw the frag fall out of the corner of my eye and I then moved the snail and replaced the frag back into the same spot it was in. It has not came back out since then.
Water param. are all normal. Would falling off the rock cause any kind of damage to the frag?

well i dont know the coral could just be a little shaken up right now. you will know if it is dieing by the smell and the way it looks.

What kind of snail and have you inspected the coral for other possible parasites?

GSP are pretty hardy and can go through a real banging and keep coming back. Could be it's decided to hybernate a bit. If in decline you might see some sort of necrosis but they will as a rule just shrink into nothing over time if they've given up.

Be sure there is no detritus accumulation on it and nothing nearby is affecting it. It should come back, just taking it's sweet time.

Cheers
Steve

It was an Astrea snail. There is nothing out of the ordinary on the coral that I can see.

Thanks all for the help....it wasn't an expensive frag but I still wanted it thrive.

Back
Top Bottom