Hairy Mushrooms turning brown and dissolving away?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTruck6o2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got 3 hairy mushrooms about a month and a half ago, and after the 2nd weeks or so i looked at the tank and one was completely gone dont know where it went, and now there is one thats turning brown around the edges anyone know what is happeneing or why something like that might be happening?

what are your tank conditions

nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, ph, salinity

also if you could include the type of lighting (although not so important with mushrooms)

Ammonia is 0, Ph is 8.09, Salinity is 1.023, nitrite is 0, Nitrate is 5ppm, I got 3 175W MH bulbs 5K a piece and 2 acinic blue bulbs

Yea, there more towards middle of the tank, but the light hits them directly, the 2nd one is almost completely gone now just shrivels up and goes away now the last one is starting to turn brown on the outside, but i got other mushrooms and polpys and all that, which are all fine and growing and whatnot, maybe i just got some bad ones i dunno

could be some wierd bad ones that had some wierd parsitic problem (i dont know of any that affect mushrooms) keep them out of the strong direct light mushrooms prefer dim lighting

Back
Top Bottom