Hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeb343

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my hammer coral doesn't look we'll 1 head has turned white and shrunk and another head still has colour and also shrunk back in, is this moral or dying thanks

How old is your tank, how long have you had Hammer? I'm sure somebody more experienced than me can help but those questions need to be answered for sure.

The tanks 9 months old and only had the hammer 4 weeks all water parameters are spot on to

Hi my hammer coral doesn't look we'll 1 head has turned white and shrunk and another head still has colour and also shrunk back in, is this moral or dying thanks

A pic would help. What are your parameters? And what type of lighting do you have?

And flow what type of flow is it getting. It may be unhappy.

They tend to like moderate flow and moderate lighting. How long have you had it?

Here's some info on the hammer coral

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+321+485&pcatid=485

The tanks 9 months old and only had the hammer 4 weeks all water parameters are spot on to

When you say spot on I still like to see numbers. I know I may be a pain but spot on means what?

What's your alk,cal,trates,trites,ammonia,pH,phosphates and salinity at?

Back
Top Bottom