Hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjb51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had this hammer coral now for about a month the skeleton is starting to show as in the pic it does extend a bit bigger than the pic but also does shrink as well is this anything to worry about??? my tank parameters are all good the nitrate s are at 4 but everything else is perfect the lighting we have is specifically for corals but can't remember the exact technical details

Attachments

• image-98665093.jpg
    image-98665093.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 139
What light are you currently using? Has this coral come in contact with any other corals?

It's not within reach of any other corals we have four t5's two life glo bulbs one blue and one power and the hammer coral is placed at the top of the tank.

Found out its brown jelly disease, been told to treat it with iodine hopefully it will work, took it out and dipped it so will see if it works, any one else came across this problem?

Found out its brown jelly disease, been told to treat it with iodine hopefully it will work, took it out and dipped it so will see if it works, any one else came across this problem?

I had a nice walled hammer and I put a button polyp too close to it. Didn't think the polyps could sting the hammer. Well, it did and brown jelly started and killed he whole coral within a few days. I used coral RX to dip it but aid should've used Iodine

Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.1
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 4.1

The coral hopefully has stopped receding now and haven't seen anymore brown jelly stuff today

Been trying to get the nitrate down for a while it is going down just slowly, just added some cheato algae in a fuge, sorry can was my phone messing up I don't know the calcium level at the mo, will do some extra water changes just incase cheers

Your algae will take a long time to work, you need to do a big water change, if your nitrates are at 40ppm you should do a 40% water change, works really good evan people dont recommend it!

Will get the nitrates down and hopefully the algae will keep it down.

Back
Top Bottom