Hanging on feces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raker333

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 green chromis that I just got yesterday and one of them has a dngling chunk of feces on it... it didnt have it yesterday when I got it
It is orangeish in color and has not fallen off yet.
It is about 5 mm long

Could be either an internal worm or bacterial infection. By the color I would think worm but it's not a given. Please include any phisical obsevations of the fish itself. Thin, bloated, color, activity, feeding, blemishes and so on.

Start with some garlic extract in the foods and see if that at least reduces the problem. It may indeed eliminate it. If persistant it may require a deworming agent but I would start there unless the fish refuses to eat.

Cheers
Steve

ok will do
They have blemishes in the morning but they go away after the lights come on... odd
overall color is good and they both are eating

Raker333 said:
ok will do
They have blemishes in the morning but they go away after the lights come on... odd
The color of many fish species will fade when the lights are off, type of camoflauge. The thing to watch for is if it remains after the lights have been on a bit. Especially look for scales standing on end, white or bloody patches, irregular swimming and unusually body mass.

Cheers
Steve

I think one would eat out of my hand, he/she must have been used to people.
Always comes to the top of the tank when I am adjusting the light or taking levels

where can you get the "Garlic extract"

LFS?

Thanks again... these are my first fish and I want them to be happy campers.

Raker333 said:
where can you get the "Garlic extract"

LFS?
Either the LFS or the local health food store. Be sure to monitor their progress once you start using it. If it does not get any better you will need to move to stronger methods. Please be sure not to wait on this. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom