Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need a qt tank pretty rapid will it be ok to take the water out my maine tank and 1 of my filters and put it in my old tank and the put the fish in straight away??

Basically filling an old tank with water from your main tank and adding fish into it for QT? Yes, that should be fine. You'll have to perform 50% water changes daily.

I agree with James that you`ll need to do frequent PWC`s to help dilute the ammonia and nitrites.

Ok I'm doing it now I've got a burr fish that has had White spot and now his eyes have gone cloudy and look like the have puffed out is this to do with the White spot?

Usually ich can/will create secondary bacterial infections and especially with fish containing thin-mucus layers such as pufferfishes, surgeonfishes, etc.

How long should I qt my fish and is there anything I should be doing in my main tank to rid it of ich while it has no fish in it? ( I do nor have any coral or inverts just ocean rock)

You'll need to treat the Ich. You can do copper with cupramine and a test kit or hyposalinity. Look them up on Google.

I choose hyposalinity.

As for the tank, it will run it's course in 4-6 weeks i believe. Check that against your research. Ich needs a fish host so any free floating parasite in your tank will die out in time since they will not have hosts to feed from.

Expect the process to take an additional month AFTER you have treated and don't see any Ich on the fish. The clock in the QT starts after the fish show no signs of infection.

Read up and get a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom