Help! All my fish have "ich" what do i do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SENSEI

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So let me start by saying that my 90g tank is full of ICH! Read so many post on how to treat it but not sure which route to take. i am very new at this (3 months into it) so don't have much experience. I heard of raisng temp, "no-ich", other chemicals, hospital tank, etc.

What to do?? :confused:

If i can please get some advice.... :thanks:

Personally I'd just raise the temp of the tank. Also try adding a bit of aquarium salt to the tank. To me it's a much more natural cure than dumping chemicals in there.

Personally I'd just raise the temp of the tank. Also try adding a bit of aquarium salt to the tank. To me it's a much more natural cure than dumping chemicals in there.

I alredy raised the temp to 86 degrees and i thought it worked cuz i didnt see any more but they came back after a few days and even more! water temp now istill 86

Only two ways to cure sw ick. Hyposalinity and copper. Raising the temp and aquarium salt is for freshwater ick.

The tewmperature has no affect on sw ich. You must remove the fish and place in a qt tank and treat with copper or hyposalinity. The ich will stay in your 90g for at least 6-8 weeks so you can't put any fish back in or the cycle of ich will start all over.

Do you have inverts or corals in the tank?

Yes i have inverts in dispaly tank along with lr and a small frag of coral.
I set up a qt tank but cant seem to keep ammonia down. I even put some sponge in qt filter from my display tank and that didnt work. I dont know wat to do anymore??? And i'm using ro water too.
....very frustrated! :(

I can tell you what I did. I took some extra rock I had in dt and used it to seed my qt tank. It took awhile to get the ammonia under control but it worked. But it also absorbed alot of the cooper at first so it took time to get the cooper level where it needed to be.

Back
Top Bottom