Help asap!! Is this ick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missjmeide

Aquarium Advice Regular
LOOK AT THE DAMSELFISH - Can somebody please tell me if this is ICK or if my fish just has sand stuck to him. Please someone help me!! I need to know so I can treat it if i need to!!

image-865149680.jpg

Yeah the little spots on his tail. If he does have Ick, how do I treat it? Should I use something they sell in stores? My friend told me to put it in freshwater for a couple minutes and the parasites will die.

you can buy ich attack which is reef/coral safe. does ur damsel have other symptoms and/or are your other fish still eating, breathing hard. make sure you monitor closely cuz if ich attack is not curing within 2-3 days then it may be a deadlier disease. that will require a quarantine tank and quick cure. i jus lost 3 nemos, chromi, humu humu within one week cuz my nemos may have had clown disease(aka brooklynella). quick cure did cure my 4th nemo who is now showing no signs as stated above and now eating as of yesterday :) curing process consisted of fresh water dip of 2 nemos, 3 treatments w/qk cure in quarantine tnk 3rd nemo past at 2nd treatment :( changed 10% water change at each treatment. fyi curing process is 50/50. good luck hope ur fish is not serious like mine

I'd say it's ich. Almost all my fish sleep on the sand and have some sand stuck on them so it looks like they have ich when I first turn on the lights, but it falls off pretty quickly. I would do a freshwater dip, then quarantine.

Good to hear it!!!! If he does get ick tho get ick attack and soak food in garlic. Good Luck!!!!!

IMO ich attack does not work. Any of those reef safe meds just are not going to cut it. The other problem is that the ich disapearing is not good news. What happens is the parasite falls to the substrate and over 200 little ones called tomites will come from each parasite. Read these articles to understand the parasite and see how to treat.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Back
Top Bottom