help i may have killed my reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
i came home yeserday and i saw my fish had ich i do no have a hospital tank so i didnt know what to do so i went to my local fish shop who i know and trust completely he gave me a product callled bactonex apparently its reef safe i trusted them and quarter dosed now 24 hours later my acros are bleached my galaxia i gone my hammer is on is way out my favia is gone i have done a 50% pwc someone tell me what to do next my snails are fine as well there is no copper in this stuff

More water changes. "The solution to pollution is dilution". It's the only thing you can do now.
One website said this about bactonex-
Blue Colormophs and Urchins are adversely affected when treating with Bactonex.

I'm doing a 30 gallon water change and seeing how it goes I'm spewing I really need to think before I do it sucks watching all you have worked for die :/

I'll try to do that it cos $113 yesterday for my water change so might not be as often as I'd like

Yea I'm really considering it ill have to look into buying salt and an ro machine I'm gonna go see the LFS that recommended the bactonex for my tank today and just let them know

I just worked it out I'm paying $24 for 120 litres I bought I new test kit as well so that didn't help with the price

So, just under a buck a gallon. Well, you would save a lot buying a RODI unit and making your own water. I always like to keep water on hand anyway, and i believe it's a good practice. This way if something happens, you can make water almost instantly and save your livestock.

Yea that's not a bad idea I'll have to look into it a bit more I hope to upgrade my tank soon so it's gonna benefit me in the long run

Back
Top Bottom