Help i've been bleached!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea..I went to my LFS and he gave me a credit for 40 gallons of water some carbon, dechlorinator and some other stuff b/c today was not payday... so I changed out about half of the water and my filter media...dosed with the dechlorinator, my levels are all great, nitrates/ites-0 etc, but im just letting everything cycle through as long as I can hold off before my corals start to go to war with each other too bad. I never figured on having to remove EVERYTHING so my Q/T tank isnt that big. The feather dusters are still out in the tank and the spagatti worms ares still doing their normal thing so If all is well i will try a small rock with a mushroom on it to see how it does next week and go from there...

I still am not understanding. Do you think it was deliberate or careless? If it was the latter, then some talking to is in order. If it was the former, then some re-evaluating is in order.

I dont want to believe it was deliberate.... I really dont but I mean...that is one heck of an accident...I could see if it was ohh i saw your tank was low so I filled up with some water for you and it was tap...thats an accident...bleach...to the point where almost everything but the corals die...I just cant allow myself to let it 100% sink in as fact or else i might end up in prision lol...but my guttells me..look at the facts...it is what it is...but ohh we had a talkin too alright!! she probably wont ever look at a fish the same way again... I have a small tank compared to some of yours(47 colum tank) and its been well over a 2500 dollar investment so far(adding up all the corals, water, rock, fish, hardware..etc etc..) Im just glad it was not my 150 gallon im planning on setting up. this is my starter tanknice size butstill small enough so that if it does crash.. im not out like 8-10 thousad dollars...luckily it was just a couple hundred

That is just outright dirty. I mean completely outright dirty. Hope your kids dont get her angry. God only knows what she'll do then. Jeesus christ that is terrible. Just forget about the fact that she killed animals and all, take into consideration the intent that was behind it all.

Man I'm sorry. She shouldn't have done tha. I agree with Flake, anyone who can purposely harm animals is a monster. I have a hood on my tank so any aerosols etc can't get in there. Plus it's in my room. Entry by invite only lol. Mind you the annoying little siblings don't listen to that.

Sorry to hear all of that. If that happened to me she would be out of the house and my life (Then what would she do to the kids if she gets mad enough?), anyone who could do such a horrible thing to defenseless animals has no place on this earth or in my life. I hope you get to the bottom of this situation.

Sorry to hear all of that. If that happened to me she would be out of the house and my life (Then what would she do to the kids if she gets mad enough?), anyone who could do such a horrible thing to defenseless animals has no place on this earth or in my life. I hope you get to the bottom of this situation.

You have nothing to worry about. You have the boss to protect your tank. He is the one that needs a boss around. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should concentrate now on getting the tank fixed??? I cant help but I think that is the direction this thread needs to go now...

I agree with Flake and Spoonman...the corals are doing fine, they are all open and looking actually better than they did in the tank lol probably because my powercompact is like6 inches from them lol, my engineer goby pulled through, he is swimming around now and I fed everything a very minimal amount last night and he ate almost everything, my LPS'S all ate and shrooms are fully expanded, I did about a 60% water change(i found out that larger PWC's help with my column tank instead of the normal 20% i usually do about a 35 give or tank guess it because it is so tall with a small surface area) I checked my parameters yesterday i have a GH,KH,PH,NO2 AND NO3 TEST KIT, GH-180, KH-250,, PH-8.0 i put in some buffer so it should be highr now, NO2-0, NO3-0. Since there is nothing in the tank except my LR that doesnt have corals on it(60% of my rock), I plan on switching out my substrate monday from CC to LS, I plan on leaving about a half inch to an inch of cc and adding about 3 inches of sand on top of it I just cnt aquascape it until Im ready to put everything back into it due to some of the rock that I removed and with only an engineer goby for fish, my bio load will be next to nothing lol. I have 2 xlrg turbo's and about 6 smaller turbo's, about 5 nassarius snails, 2 emerald crabs, 1 ppmnt shrimp and 4 hermits left so I plan on adding some more cleaners also. on a good note I saw a nass in the tank that i didnt get out and he was just cruising across the bottom, looking for some grub unlike the other day when everything was basically climbing out of the tank, I watch him for about a half hour to see how he as acting and he did not seem to be suffering at all, i have noticed more feather dusters opening up and spagatti worms doing their thing also any ideas of what I should add?1 torch, 1 trumpet, 1 forgspawn, (all single heads) 1 green lobo, 1 green bubble, I purple lobo(he wasnt doing to well when I got him though so he migh be on his way out) 1 yellow encrusting montiora on a frag disk, carious zoos, dragoneyes, some orage and red with white centers and lime green. 12 various msshrooms, 2 orage ricordia, 2 neon ricordias(they are whit with like flourescent green mouthes and edges, about 20 button polyps, 1 baby gonipora, roughy 15 headed black sun polyps

Glad to hear things are going well. I'd toss in mushrooms. They don't seem to be picky. If anything is going to go well, it'd be them.

good news is.. the water parameters are better than they were before this happened and there is life in the tank that has been doing fine for a couple days...the bad news is... my daughter crack my smaller tank and it is 2 am and the the tub is leaking now...badly and ive tried to seal it up but no go.. I have a huge wet spot in the carpet that is so deep that when you step on, the water raises to the top of the carpet...lol this has not been a good week lol.. so it looks like im going ot have to chance it and see how everything does in the tank way earlier than i expected...but I dont have any fish to feed...so my trash level should be pretty much nonexistant...lets see if catching a mistake 3 hours after it happened works...

if you put sand on top of cc your cc will work its way back to the top. I know from experience. 4 months laater I am still fishing cc out of my tank. if you are going to change it change it all

Yeah.. and CC does nothing for your tanks ecosystem lol. But dude.. i totally feel for you.. Soo many things have been going wrong for me as well with my tank, and on top of all that.. a big rock almost fell and smashed my front glass. But i guess that was fault on my part. Still, things are looking good for me as time moves on, so there isnt a doubt in my mind that you will overcome this.

As for the tank that cracked.. it may seem like a lot of work, but maybe you want to empty it out, replace the cracked panel, and then reseal it when everything is completely dry. Unless it was a smaller tank, and would just be easier for you to go out and purchase a new one. I know lots of people that have torn apart, and replaces and resealed their cracked or damaged tanks. Once the sealent is dry, its just as good, if not better than when it was new.

Hope your bum luck goes away man.

yea so far so good...I am just going to replace tghe tank, it was a 15 gallon but it broke like right dead center of the front glass so im not even going to attempt to put the pieces back together....i kinda use my LPS's for a guide so to speak.. if my torch and frogspawn and bubble are extend fully..then im doing ok...I couldn't switch out my substrate due to the mishap with the other tank so i just cleaned it all really good. I have never realy had a problem with spikes though but im a minimal feeder.. I could probably feed a bit more I basically feed the corals 2 times a week and the fish get the run off.. I forgot I ordered a watchman he came into my LFS so I had to pick him up. They actually help it for a few days but they said if I didnt come get it they would sell it...go figure...so i picked him up. No QT tank at the moment so Iaclimated him and placed him a tupperware dish for the day to see how he did. My LFS is exceptionally good and providing super healthy fish so I took a chance and tossed him in.. hes the only fish I have other than my 7inch engineer.. and I realized I have a tiger pistol shrimp in my tank...I had no idea until now, he's been pretty quiet I heard a clicking every now and them but I figured it was a hermit falling off a rock and bouncing off the rocks(at least mine tend to be clumsy) but yea I noticed him walking around the tank after I added the goby. they paired uo almost instantly ..as soon as the goby heard him click a hermit he was there and he's been in the tunnels ever since. So i got a watchman, found a pistol shrimp and probably will never see either one of them b/c the are in the middle of the tank under all types of rock work in an extremely hard to see spot lol, petco has 2 black false percs so i think I might snag one tomorrow..I always wanted a black clown and its like 29.99 and from what ive seen..thats a steal on pricing..they have been in there for a while and are very healthty, its just them in the tank with a huge carpet anemone.

Are they a mated pair? Are they bonded to the nem? If they are a pair and they are bonded you need to get all of them. It is rare to have a mated pair bond to a nem. I would love to have all three. If they are bonded they will probably die from stress if you take them from their nem.

That's harsh. I couldn't still be with anyone that would just kill animals. Anyone that can just dump bleach in a fish tank scares me a little.

I hope you sort out your fish and all is well again

Exactly! And the next time it might not be bleach in the tank it might be rat poison in the coffee.

I've had a few ex g/fs that I would like to wring their necks but never once considered taking it out on their pets! That is just below low.....

...If it was an accident things happen, coffee spill on the new sofa, totally the car.... but in my mind sort of hard to get that bleach smell into a closed tank.

I'm cycling a 20g for my daughter. I put three cap fulls of ammonia in the tank. I could not smell the ammonia. The odor are similar (bleach and ammonia), would have had to be a good amount.

Are they a mated pair? Are they bonded to the nem? If they are a pair and they are bonded you need to get all of them. It is rare to have a mated pair bond to a nem. I would love to have all three. If they are bonded they will probably die from stress if you take them from their nem.
no they are not a mated pair orbonded to an ANEM. they are actually in seperate tanks without an anem but id still like to chance it I have 2 regular false percs so they shoud be good, plus the black false perc is bigger so it would end up being be the female

Ill post some pics of the tank when I get my phone back, it has all of the pictures on it

Back
Top Bottom