Help! My Kole Tang Isn't Eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinefishman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Tried to feed my Kole Tang Tonight And She Won't Eat! I Noticed She Had Little Bubbles Or Fizzies Like In Seltzer Water On Her. I Always Fed Her Things Like Pellets Mysis And Shrimp. She Always Ate That Stuff. Now She Won't Eat At All. Should I Be Worried?:confused:

Mine mostly picks at the rocks and back of the glass. Is it at least doing that?

You have 9 relatively large sized fish in a 55g tank? That could also be part of the issue.

Not to be repetitive but .....

Review your stocking list.. You can thin it out or nature will take care of it for you...

Which may have already begun

Well, She died this morning. Also this Afternoon my pearlscale Butterfly Died. My pearlscale had a bacteria infection and my kole tang just died. My ph was low so I am Bringing that up because it was hurting my fish which stressed them out and killed them. So I am fixing that now.

I agree. Dont add anything else and let the tank mature and stabilize. Not trying to be ugly but you really need to show some responsible actions here for the good of the fish in your tank.

Yeah I know. I won't Add Any more For a While. I Need To let It Settle. I need to sit back and relax. I will make the corrections I need To make on it.

... My ph was low so I am Bringing that up because it was hurting my fish which stressed them out and killed them. So I am fixing that now.

Well... yes, and no.

Your pH was most likely low because of the very large bioload in your tank. Drastic swings in the biological activity in your tank really play havoc with your pH. I have a feeling that you're adding buffer or something from a bottle to "fix" your pH. If that's the case, you're really not fixing anything, but just postponing the next wild pH swing.

The only way to really fix the pH issue is to get the tank stable, which means getting the bioload down to a manageable level. Someone earlier mentioned that Mother Nature tends to make things right in the end, but it's usually much cheaper and less frustrating if you make the changes before her.

I am using the Ph buffer and it works. I only Have 7 fish in the tank. Everyone seem's To be doing good. The problem is being fixed. After the Ph Is up back to normal, I will get my water tested and will probably have to do a water change. Then go on from there.

(y) Sounds like you got it all figured out. Good Luck :uhoh:

BTW: Those 7 remaining are probably 3 (maybe 4) more than should be in that tank IMO

Back
Top Bottom