Help! My toadstool leather is developing a hole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skennelly

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's happening with my Toadstool leather?? pics attached.

Hi All,
I noticed something very wierd going on with my Toadstool Leather. It looks like its developing a hole in its center. Look at the pics.

Attachments

• toad3.jpg
    toad3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 174
  • toad2.jpg
    toad2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 209
This can sometimes happen if there is not enough water movement. Detritus settles and eventually causes necrosis. It's not always the case but usually the most common. The coral could also be in the early stages of splitting.

Easiest way to tell which it gentley fan the top area where the hole is. If there is free dewbris coming from the coral, it's necrosis.

Cheers
Steve

Hi All,
I am very worried about my toadstool leather. I thought he was very healthy, but a few weeks ago I notice a hole developing in the center of its canopy. Is it splitting? or is this something I should be worried about?

toad1.jpg

toad3.jpg
[/img]

I thought these photos looked familiar. I've merged your two posts and placed it in the correct forum.

Has there been no change at all? Is the hole getting larger? Did you try what Steve suggested?

Fluff said:
Did you try what Steve suggested?

steve-s said:
Easiest way to tell which it gentley fan the top area where the hole is. If there is free debris coming from the coral, it's necrosis.
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom