Help on fire worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki_pip

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I have a fire worm in my tank and need advice on how to get rid of it? I have tried baiting it in a glass but didn't work..
It has been in there a while as we think it attacked our clam which recently died..
The last three days it has been on top of gravel when it's the fish food time trying to get the fish food.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

When it's on top of the gravel looking for food, is it fully out and about? Or is just sticking out some of its body? If its all the way out, have you considered quickly putting Tupperware over it? Or using a net to snag it?

No it's just never been fully out.. Ok will have to get some of that stuff been told in both of my Lfs there nothing for it..
Tried to grab it a few times but it Just disappears so quick
Thanks for the advice

Just realise what u meant by Tupperware. No haven't tried that but will now thanks

i have heard of a piece of meaty food inside a nylon stocking works.
btw, are you sure it's a fire worm? can you take a pic of it?

Thanks we caught it last night. Yes was a fire worm..
Just noticed something else though red legs etc really long quite a few of them on top of gravel moving any idea on what this could be? Can't see the body though
Any thought??? Would take a picture of it but it's really fine
Thanks

spaghetti worm possibly.
get_image

Yeah looks like it although I haven't seen the body.. Oh are they harmful to the tank? Any ideas how to get rid?
Thanks

You usually won't see the body of a speghetti worm. They like to burrow into a hole in the rocks and then you just see the wavy tenticles sweeping around looking for food. They are not harmful and help to clean the tank.

Back
Top Bottom