Help Please - firefish goby has ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a Firefish Goby yesterday and I've noticed it has ich. I don't have anywhere else to put it so I have one of two options:
1) Put a large plastic container in the tank and put the FF Goby in it and dose ich medication. (It has a sticker on the outside of the container though so I'm uncertain about that. Otherwise I like the plan.)
2) Dose the whole tank and hope the corals aren't affected to badly. I've used it before as a last resort and the corals weren't knocked about to bad but I don't wanna do it again.
So please guide me in my time of need. Thanks guys.

Ich can really only be killed by hyposalinity or copper-based treatments, and some other medication that I can't remember the name of right now. (Innovator will remember the name!) Anything that kills ich will kill inverts. Sooo... I can't say that either 1 or 2 is really going to do the job. Not the advice you were looking for, but that's my 2 cents worth.

Here's my choice, but it involves a separate quarantine tank:

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

I am in a similar situation. I have a neon goby and a shark nose goby with ich. I have no real qt. I had a goby before that had ich when I first brought him home. He got over it about two months later. I hate to treat the tank so I am going to wait a little longer and hope he gets over it.

Back
Top Bottom