help required for marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colliemad

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi My partner has a Marine tank 98 litres I believe he is new to the hobby. I brought his first marine tank 2 years ago and then because he was scared to take the plunge I then brought him already working marine tank with live rocks and 4 5 month old clown fish. After doing his tests weekly for the last 6 months he was feeling more confident, so added 2 damsels (one electric blue, and one yellow belly) and then 2 Kromis (sorry if I haven't spelt it right) at the weekend.
Yesterday one of the Kromis that was slightly smaller than the other looked a bit odd and kept kind of juddering when he swam. I added some easy life and he perked up and behaving perfectly however his mate has gone down his rapidly. He has swollen eyes and swollen mouth plus a few scales missing and just looks really crap.
He is worried to hell even though he has worked his butt off to get his tank perfect with all the tests and must have the patiences of a saint before adding more fish to it until now.
Can anyone shed any light to this? I have seen the odd fish of mine do the same without any visible cause. Its taken him a long time to pluck the courage up after almost living in our fish shop asking questions, watching and even volunteering his time if someone will give him some help in the right direction. I feel so gutted for him but is there anything we can try? Or is it maybe 2 late?

All suggestions welcome!!!

Thank u!

It see 2 possibilities.
1. You had 4 clownfish for 6 months. then you added 4 more fish. That's a significant bioload increase. Possibly an increase in Ammonia?
2. you have 4 clownfish and 2 damsels, all part of the Pomacentridae family of fish and quite territorial. Chromis fish are from the same family of fish, but they are a peaceful schooling fish. They both may be pestered to death with 4 clowns and 2 damsels in a small 25 gal tank.

Back
Top Bottom