Help! Sick Regal Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitch69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Regal Tang has recently started behaving oddly, lying motionless for minutes, not eating and losing weight.

I have had him for 6 weeks, the first 5 of which he has been fine, eating well and swimming lots.

The "sickness" coincides with the introduction of my Flame Angel, however I dunno if this is significant!

All water parameters (pH 8.4, SG 1.023, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 0, Nitrate 0-5ppm) appear fine and remain pretty constant due to weekly 10% water changes.

Any ideas anybody?

Any marks, spots or fading color? Any rapid gilling? Gotta picture you can upload?
How is the Flame, any symtoms there?
Did you qt the Flame? There have been some problems (at least around here) with Flames recently.
More info would help us help you. :wink:

No marks or spots but a slight fading of colour, no rapid gilling

Flame appears happy as Larry and was quarantined.

You might want to try soaking her food in garlic juice, this can stimulate a feeding response. What do you feed your fish? It sounds like it may be a nutritional problem. If the garlic works, you may want to soak the food in a vitamin supplement, I use Selcon. This may help.
Anyone else?

Kent makes a garlic juice, so does Seachem. Call you lfs, they may have it. It works rether well.

Back
Top Bottom