HELP!!! there is a hole in my toadstool leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need more information. What is your water parameters? how old is your tank. What type of water are you susing.. RO..tap..etc? what else is in the tank? How long have you had it? How did you cycle the tank?

My tank is 4 years old and i have had him from the start. water para. are bang on just got them tested yesterday actually cal was slightly low. I have been using culligan water for water changes and topping up. various snails, hippo tang, clowns , bicolor blenny

A couple things come to mind here .
1 it got torn from the rock.
2 something is picking
3 it was always there and just not as noticable
4 it just appeared ...
5 could be a salt burn from a piece of salt creep falling in and burning it
I would say if you can get it out and dip it in some coral dip or iodine dip that would help , one of mine had one the size of a pencil eracer that it got from I assume from tearing away from the rock... I removed it did a 15 minute dip in iodine I used salt water from the tank (about 32 ounces ) and 6 drops of iodine let it sit for 15 minutes and placed back into the tank I ended up doing this 3 more times the spot closed and the irritated coral came back around in a couple months ...
There are a few other things that you may have something picking on it ...What are your tanks residence ? Fish , inverts and corals ....
At this point set up to do a hefty H20 change of 30%-40% add carbon changing out every couple days to insure no warfare has started ....one final question have you added any thing new to this tank lately ? :)

The picture did not load the first time I saw your post. Sadielynn has said it all. Try here iodine dip if you can and the carbon...

Back
Top Bottom