Help with black sea cucumber!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zspicer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found my cucumber on my protein skimmer and I flicked him down because he's been up there for 2 days so when I saw him float down it looked like something has attacked it but it is still moving. Any ideas?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120215_131048.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120215_131048.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 99
Watch your other inhabitants. they do release toxins if disturbed. Get massive water change supply ready if not already too late.

Its still alive. Your saying it has to do with the water?

Heck, how much do they cost? If it were me, I'd consider the cost a loss and remove it ASAP and save your other inhabitants and live rock.

Unless its already too late. Let us know pls so we can all learn. Thanks.

Read this Black Sea Cucumber (Holothuria atra) Profile

The toxins would be released fron its anal area so I understand. The pic suggests that smoky stuff is coming from the body/possible wound. Still, I wouldnt take a chance.

I'm saying that since it did release something, I'd do large water changes and have some carbon filtration working to remove whatever it released. Again, read the link.

Wow had no idea lfs neglected to tell me this I am removing it as we speak in hope it does not harm my other livestock

Back
Top Bottom