Help with Duncan Coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, as you can see I'm havin a little trouble discerning whether or not my Duncan is in good shape. I'm not quite sure what a normal Duncan's behavior is but lately it's been randomly closing it's heads and doesn't look quite as peppy. My parameters are all in check with the exception of my nitrates a little higher than wanted at around 10, temp 79, Duncan placement: mid tank, mid/ light flow and stock biocube lighting. Here are some pictures and I would just like some confirmation on how this Duncan is doing thanks!
A week ago....
image-1458088106.jpg
Today....

Attachments

• image-2665837631.jpg
    image-2665837631.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 133
Duncans do that. If they grab something small to eat they can retract in a similar manner, or for no reason at all. Mine does it all the time. It is doing fine, just keep your parameters in check by lowering your nitrates.

Thanks for the reply it looks good today I just didn't know what was going on its a pretty strange piece. I just wanted to make sure this was normal behavior.

Back
Top Bottom