Help with euphyllia please! What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynightmare1

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-656176105.jpg I came home today an my euphyllia was deflated an I seen this... Umm not shore how to describe I up loaded pics

Water tested fine all other life in tank is fine an all seemed well this morning
He is in two parts an his other half is fine

image-932391997.jpg

Ten min later an he's blowing up again

Attachments

• image-1873595166.jpg
    image-1873595166.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3874672897.jpg
    image-3874672897.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 114
So it turns out the growth was not a normal thing.
I had to suck it out it was eating my poor little guy
As soon as I did he started to look better

I'd get them check out you may have a very sick tank I'm no expert but if it's happening all the time to yours I'd be worried

thanks for the concern. my frogspawn does that all the time and i have not had problem with it at all. in fact, it has divided and given "birth" to a new head.

did you find out what it is? i thought it was simply deflating and inflating, how corals normally are. but it's probably not what i had in mind

Could be mesenterial filaments which corals excrete as a defense mechanism I know I have seen ones that look like that come from my shrooms.

When I sucked it out it look like little worms or egg . Every time I fed my tank it popped out then would go back in about half hour later an ten min after that the anemone would puff up again but not to full size. I'm pretty sure I done the right thing he dose look happier now
I hope it was not a new peace forming.

When I sucked it out it look like little worms or egg . Every time I fed my tank it popped out then would go back in about half hour later an ten min after that the anemone would puff up again but not to full size. I'm pretty sure I done the right thing he dose look happier now I hope it was not a new peace forming.
I was told what it was but can't remember I just panicked went home an got rid of it

Back
Top Bottom