help with leather toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackthunda77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had the lether for a couple months. when i bought it it was fine, tool a couple hours for it to open up but it did and did nicely. now, for atleast a month maybe alil more it hasnt opened up pretty much at all( polyp extension) and is drooping alot pretty jych hanging hanging from the rock. it is not as hard or stiff as it used to be and seem like the base is gettin skinnier and about to detach from the rock. i know the go through shedding phases and such but i dont htink this is the case. it has also not disintegrated, it still is in tact and is not mushy.....yet. its a 55 gal tank with about 300watts of pc. everythin else in the tank, fish and corals seem to be doing fine and growning. any input, anyone with same issues?

It goes through a phase called sloughing. But not for over a month. Make sure he is not being beat to death by the current. Also check how much light he is getting. I have two one on the bottom and one on the top. Just have to see where they are comfortable. Do some research first to see what they like. Check out my gallery for pics of mine

Back
Top Bottom