hippo tang needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcinek101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a blue hippo tang for several weeks now. 4 days ago the tang developed a couple of spots on the top fin. She appears to periodically rub the fin on the live rock. I started treating with melafix 3 days ago. The top spot seems to have started to close, but the other 2 spots appear to have developed a fuzz. The fish eats like a pig, and swims all over the place. The other fish have no apparent ill effect, and show no signs of anything. Tank is 75 gallon

Water parameters
ph 8.3
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
0 nitrates
0 phoshphate

I do not have a quarantine tank available. What would be safe for inverts that i could treat the main tank for. I dont know if the spots are spreading or not yet, but i would like to do something. The sores do not look like the pictures of marine ich, but i dont know what they are. I am trying to get a pic but she moves around so much that everything comes out really blurry.

Does the fish show any white spots (like grains of salt) on the main body? You really should not dose medications when you do not know what you are trying to cure. Depending on the size of the fish, even a 20g can suffice as a qt. Check out this website for an i.d: http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~sweetyummy42/ Hmm, seems you'll have to use the side bar and click "InfoLinks," then "Disease." Sounds like Lympho if restricted to the fin margins.

Back
Top Bottom