hole on my red sea xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adacaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
I do not know what has happen but my yellow and purple tangs and my fire angle have been eating my corals my most concern is my red sea xenia it has a hole since they ate it and tore off one of his arms what can I do I have qr.tank but does not have a chiller and I suppose it needs cold water two other arms are white and are bent down it is still very small HELP ME PLEASE

Its a little uncommon for tangs to np at coral, they usually only do if they are very underfed and need something to eat. It also may be that they are finding algea around the coral. Fire (i assume u mean flame) angels will eat coral especially non noxious polypy looking ones. This will just depend upon the fish, if u have one that does eat coral u should be very careful the types of coral u put in there. Pulse xenia is a pain in the butt and often just dies keeping a high level of light, iodine, ph, and giving it a decent water flow helps. The temp. should be steady around anywhere from 76-78. If u have used medication in the qt tank i wouldnt recomennd putting the coral in there as most meds kill inverts.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom