I have a very sick/dead anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have had my anemone for 2 days and it seems to have a bold patch now and slimy type stuff coming out of it what dose this mean. the day i put it in it looked to be in good health and the 2nd day it got bigger after its move from the shop to my tank and it had moved along the tank a bit. now those it dose not look very well i have put it in a bag of water and it is in the top of the tank so it is still at the temp it should be i just dont want it killing the rest of my tank off can any one help at all should i leave it in the bag or was that not a good move i dont want it to die if it isnt all ready.

now it has kinda curled up in a ball and is kinda rolling around the bottom of the tank with the flow f the water

i have been in all night checking on it it and it has now attached its self to the bottom of the heater and some of its tentacles have come back out

when you see it spitting stuff out...that is it emptying its stomach...you have to remember its mouth is also its butt...once it has calmed down try feeding it mysis shrimp

i have got a liquid coral feed is that good enough or should i get something better thanks for all your help

The heater isnt the best spot for it . You need a meaty feed. mysis or a small piece of raw prawn feed to its tentacles and it should take it to its mouth/rear its self.

it has moved its self away from the heater now iam still unsure on how or what its doing. i am pretty new to this but i knew that i wanted to keep coral's when i was setting up my tank so i ask the lfs for a light that would be ok for corals. the bulb i have is a t8 15w marine glo bulb and from what i have been reading on the forums tonight that is no way f***ing good enough so the lfs is gonna have a face full of me tomoro for selling my a light dosent have a chance of keeping things alive

can any one advise a web site that can sell me a light that will be good enough to keep everything alive

Post in the saltwater start up forum to find suggestions on lighting

hi guys i got myself a water testing kit after talking to my lfs.
on my chart that comes with the kit says that the ammonia should be 0.1 and its a light green colour and it was clear. the nitrite should be 0 and it was between 0.25 and .5 which was a mid pink and should of been clear. the nitrate was clear but the chart says that 0 should be a yellow what is that all about and i was told my ph should be between 8.3-8.4 which is blue and that was about right. i did a water change as soon as i finished the water test. can any one give me any info on my results please

Ammonia should be 0. Nitrite 0 and nitrate below .5 your tank from what it sounds like is not nearly old enough to house a Nem. I really recommend returning the nem to the store and doing some research on what they need as far as lighting specs. Always research first then ask questions the Talk to the lfs before you purchase anything

Back
Top Bottom