I know where Ich can stick it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnNLuc

Aquarium Advice Freak
*sighs* Well tonight while viewing my Purple Pseudo I spotted some white spots on his tail and body and we all know what that means that means tomorrow I will be spending my day setting up a qt tank and trying to catch my fish. 6 weeks of fun here i come! :cry:

Well last night going to bed hoping I was seeing things did not cure my fish and today I can spot more spots on my angel and tang so the fun shall begin. What do you guys suggest copper or hyposalinity?

I was just thinking what better present to give me for christmas from my fish besides this. Anywho where can I purchase a decent refractometer since now that im broke from christmas its one more thing to add to the list

I have a question. Has anyone seen ich clear up by itsself? All of my fish are eating and don't look stressed even though im still going to QT and do a hyposalinity treatment (Bought a refractometer from Premium Aquatics this morning) I was wondering if anyone had seen ich pass by just using patience?

Many fish can develope what is refered to as "aquired immunity" to C.irritans. Typically after having battled it before. It is much less likely to happen with newer additions though. The one main thing to keep in mind while attempting something as risky as that, for every fish that does stave of the parasite many more will not. The chances of all fish aquiring immunity are slim.

The "immunity" is also usually short lived (6ish mo.) and the parasite is not eliminated from the tank either but rather lives in a balanced co-existance with the fish. Any thing that would typically upset that balance, (stress, new additions etc..) would spur on a new infestation. UV's and 03 machines can only affect free floating parasites and not very effectively at that. Remember, it only takes one to create 1000's :wink:

IME, it's best to be rid of it completely. Quarantine, treat and fallow the main.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom