I need advice on my toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this umbrella toadstool for about 2 months now. It arrived with 3 small pieces or rock attached to the base of the toadstool. It was hard to mount it because of this and i moved the coral around trying to find the right place for it. I probably moved it too much and stressed the coral.

Eventually, i rubber banded the coral to a rock by banding two of the three small pieces of rock down to the other big rock. THis did not work either though, i coudl not seem to get the coral to attach; it was almost as if the three little peices that were attached to the toadstool were preventing it from attaching itself to something else. So i removed the 3 little pieces of rock from the toadstool's base. I then put a toothpick through the base of the stalk and banded the now bare base of the coral to a rock using the toothpick as a support. We'll, about 1-2 weeks later, the toadstool has taken a turn for the worse. The base of the toadstool seems to have broken apart and the toothpick is no longer holding the coral down.

139876505.jpg

I am wondering what the best way to proceed from here is. I thought maybe it would be best to cut the head off of the toadstool and basically propogate it into two separate pieces. At least this way it may attach and the bad tissue at the base would be gone. Any advice would be great.

Also, i know a similar post was made just about 2 weeks ago...i have contacted that person and received his advice already.

I agree that if the base is going bad then I would try to frag to save some of the c oral.

Back
Top Bottom