I need help with my purple tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McLovinthe1st

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For some reason the anemone lost it tone of color its a dark now what can I do to help it

ForumRunner_20120121_120144.jpg

90G all the levels are and been good I got the coral growth lights ill be the blue and the white light that they recommended in the aquarium store buy the this is that it moved to the back of the tank where the light didn't hit it for a month

Welcome to AA!
What color was it? It looks like either it's recovering from being bleached or is starting to bleach. If it was white and turning darker, that's a very good sign.

When I first had it it was white with purple tips it was really nice now its all dark.. and I can't give you accurate number but I do no my nitrate level is good and the list don't.know much about it

White is bad. There is no such thing as a healthy white anemone. Now that it's turning darker is getting healthy.

Yes. It looks like it still has a few small areas that are bleached, but if it was all white before it's coming around nicely.

Here's my 8+ yr old sebae.
sebae_11-18-09.jpg

Back
Top Bottom