I think I have ich...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can "cure" the fish for a short time and they build immunity for a few months against ich however until the parasite has no host, they will live in the tank. That means that your fish can always get it again and anytime you put a new fish in, they have a good chance as well if they don't already have it. I do think that garlic has excellent immune boosting properties and that it should be something more hobbyist feed to their fish.

Well much combined saltwater experience do yo guys have? Because my LFS man has 40+, I would believe him over you guys any day. Not to say, your input wasn't helpful, just, I believe my guy wouldn't steer me wrong

Well much combined saltwater experience do yo guys have? Because my LFS man has 40+, I would believe him over you guys any day. Not to say, your input wasn't helpful, just, I believe my guy wouldn't steer me wrong
I somehow am not getting what your saying. What are you believing from your lfs guy that your not believing from the people on here.

Oh, well thats a fact my friend, they are the two only proven methods of curing ich for sure. You may get lucky with some other cures but those two are the only for sure cures.

well I've been keeping fish for about 35 years with saltwater about 20 and I sure there are people on here with more experience then that. But all that really doesn't matter because the are a thousand articles and a thousand experts that say the same thing that we say. Just google cures for ich and you'll find the same things from them that people told you here. If your fish guy is telling you different I'd get a new fish guy.

Well I traded email's with a Dr.radon from the Kordon company which asks ich attack and he is smarter that most, and I'm not trying to start an internet argument but we will see in about 5 days weather I'm right or y'all right.

Hmmm...have had saltwater fish since I was 20 and one of my degrees is in microbiology. In addition I've studied bacteriology along with marine biology. I mostly enjoy Microbial ecology because it's interesting to me. I for one am most definitely no expert by any means. Not saying he is "wrong", however the life cycle of these parasitic organisms have been highly researched and are continuously researched. What he is telling you DOES help your fish with boosting immune systems. In doing so, it helps them fight off disease and parasites. What he is not telling you is that once you stop doing what you are doing, your infected fish will begin to lose immunity as it only lasts a few months. Therefore, they will be susceptible once more. I'm sorry however if he claims garlic will cure ich and you will no longer have it in your tank then he needs to consult with the many researchers/SCIENTISTS in Marine Biology out there because they are wasting millions studying disease, viruses, parasites, etc. . I may sound harsh and I apologize however I believe in science and proven data. You are not killing the parasite and if he is telling you that then he is highly misinformed.

Well I traded email's with a Dr.radon from the Kordon company which asks ich attack and he is smarter that most, and I'm not trying to start an internet argument but we will see in about 5 days weather I'm right or y'all right.
Curing Fish of Marine Ich Mike read this. And of course he's going to say his cure works. Listen I hope it works out for you but do me a favor just keep an eye on your fish that it doesn't come back and infect you main tank

Trade emails with someone who IS NOT SELLING THE PRODUCT...try contacting someone unbiased...

Ms.Kaiser, with your "degrees" in this specific field, why would you be on this forum asking the same exact questions as myself? Being a public fourm I can see everything you post. Education well spent

I've not had ich in YEARS...again, how many times have you "cured" your tank of ich? I too have read your posts. With that, you do what you like...no one is stopping you. If you had doubts then why make the post? If you "know" you are curing it then I'm guessing it was to get the reaction you have received. BRAVO! Well done! Good luck with your feeding!

Nikki let him do what he's going to do we're not going to change his mine evidently all those articles out there are wrong so I'm not going to read them anymore

I think that the OP should read what is out there on Ick. It is widely accepted that there are two proven "cures". Most meds can boost immune systems or get the Ick to drop off, but it's still in the tank waiting for a host to start up on again. I

If this other guy wants to trust his LFS because he has experience, then let him roll with that. There is no way that a company that produces and/or sells a product would lie...and we all know that all LFS always give great advice because they care about us, not making money from selling unnecessary products. :)

I don't have a salt water tank, so I can't give an opinion on the curing if ick.

As a businessman what I will say is this. You mentioned your lps has 40+ years taking care of fish, he also probably has that much time selling as well. He is going to do and say what he needs to to make a sale. Your right, the products you purchased will help solve a problem, but it might not be the long term, this forcing you to possibly purchase more or try another product.

Don't attack the people on this form, all they are doing is helping you.

You paid for the products you put in the tank. The advice from here is free and should be respected and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom