I think I killed a coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got a 3 stalk frag of Red Sea Xenia yesterday and went through the normal routine. Drop acclimated for an hour or so. Prepared a dip in CoralRX and then rinsed in acclimation water and placed in the tank.

Then I realized I didn't put salt in the coralRX water..

Now today my Xenia has lost 98% of its flowery heads and the stalks are laying over.

I wonder if it will bounce back and I'm kicking myself in the butt for making such a stupid mistake.

I'd post a picture but the app says I'm at my limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear about the coral, but to upload pics use a photo site like Photobucket and upload pics there from your phone or camera, then just insert the url in the picture option above the reply box.

I've dipped in freshwater before you may have stressed it but I think it will perk up give it some time

I'm gonna leave it in for awhile until it either comes back or completely dissolves. Kind of a bummer

I think the damage is done. It doesn't appear to be getting any worse.

Fingers crossed it recovers well.

Ok quick update. The Red Sea Xenia all but completely dissolved. A small and I mean VERY small sliver survived and found itself a nice crevice in the rocks to sit. It's growing back with a good number of heads but it's itty bitty right now. At least some of it survived and I learned a lesson..

Don't dip Red Sea Xenia in freshwater..a 3 stalk frag is now a small chunk of flesh.

It's kind of surprising to me too..I've heard the horror stories of Xenia but my fiancé loves it so I caved and bought some. If it ends up taking over I won't hesitate to destroy it haha.

Kind of amazing the smallest piece of it is now growing.

Back
Top Bottom