I think my clown is sick...please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itzafugasi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought my first fish a week ago, and he is currently in my qt. it is a tank raised ocellaris clown. before i bought him i watched him eat at the pet store and he seemed very active. for the past 6 days he has been eating fine and agressively, and he has been very active. but today, on day seven, he seems sluggish, and he didn't eat today. he doesnt look as happy as he did. i made a few water changes, some small and one big one yesterday (about 50%) because nitrites were detectable, around .4. today nitrites are undetectable, ammonia is 0, temp is 78 and ph is 8.1. he is in a 10gal qt right now... should i be worried or am i over reacting too soon? im feeding him ocean nutrition pellets, and he seemed to like them for the past 6 days. please advise, thanks.

Keep doing the frequent water changes and also watch for any other physical signs of illness. It's really too early to tell and it could be nothing at all.

Offering a variety of foods soaked in garlic will usually elicit a feeding response.

physically, he looks great. his colors are very bright and he looks fine. hopefully it's nothing, but ill try feeding again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom