I think my fish is sufficating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepbluesea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please tell me what I should do about my fish. I just put him in my tank 2 days ago and I don't think he's eaten anything. First he was swimming up and down the tank and now he is breathing very heavy. What can I do to prevent him from getting any kind of gill disease.

How are your water parameters? If you put him in an established tank with other fish you better get him to QT fast.

QT

My water levels at this time aren't top notch in QT, but I checked my water conditions in my 30 gallon and everything checked out. I don't think there is enough oxygen flow in my tank I just added an airator and I sure hope that will help. What do you think?

An airstone is not going to help much if your water parameters are not good. Be prepared to do some water changes if your ammonia or nitrite levels are not zero. If the fish is in QT then you need to have some type of biological filtration going on. The more details you give the easier it will be to help. Good Luck.

Do a series of water changes until your water paremeters improve. Stress or even a parasite may be a factor. Any physical findings, marks, spots, cloudy eyes etc?

Back
Top Bottom