I`ve got ich and need hospital tank info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenpillow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ich guhhhhhhhhah... Son of a bean dip mother frito! Guhhhhhh I don't have space or a hospital tank!! Guessing I need to get one but how big?

Kole tang
2 clowns
Sixline
Fairy wrasse
Antheis
Royal gamma
Psudochromis
Blue chromis
Hawk fish

Flame suit on

Day two of ginger and garlic + uv sterilizer

I did a 20g water change last night and this morning the fishes are looking good.

Attempted to catch my fish to put them in a treatment tank and was not successful. Seems like an all or nothing deal. More to come...

Do all your fish have ich or is it just the tang and one or two of the others? I am thinking it might be stress related. Most tanks once they have ich there will always be some present and it will attack the fish that is most stressed. Another thing I read is water flow if there isn't enough water flow the ich seems to be worse, when I was researching tangs I found that most tanks don't have enough water flow and that can contribute to ich.

joy13 said:
Do all your fish have ich or is it just the tang and one or two of the others? I am thinking it might be stress related. Most tanks once they have ich there will always be some present and it will attack the fish that is most stressed. Another thing I read is water flow if there isn't enough water flow the ich seems to be worse, when I was researching tangs I found that most tanks don't have enough water flow and that can contribute to ich.

Its the two wrasses and the royal gamma. The others are fine. Flow is good 3 fans and a large sump return.

Day 3: the ick has fallen off the fish except for the pseudo chromis that fish is looking horrid! We will see how many reattach.

Well if anyone cares day 5: All fish still alive. Fish still swimming and eating. LFS said to give HERBTANA a go. So I did. It made the fish calmer (mostly the TANG he was darting back and forth now he is swimming normal and muching on some algae) The corals are open and waving around.

Anyhow. We will see if the ick re-attaches.

Well all my fish are alive. No signs of ick and everything is normal ^_^ no hospital tank.

Back
Top Bottom